Hachette Children’s Books, A division of Hachette Australia Pty Ltd (A.B.N. 32 000 884 855) (Hachette Children’s Books) maintains this website for your information, education and use. Please feel free to browse the website.
Please read these Notices and Terms & Conditions carefully. By accessing and browsing the website, you agree to accept, without limitation or qualification, the Legal Notices, Anti-Spam Notice and Website Terms and Conditions stated below and
1. If you are browsing this website as a non-commercial consumer, you may download material displayed on the website for your non-commercial, personal use only and subject to the Website Terms and Conditions stated below.
2. If you are browsing this website as an employee/agent/member of any business or organisation, you may download material displayed on the website only in accordance with the Website Terms and Conditions stated below. This permission is
specifically conditioned on your retaining all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials and keeping all such material intact and in the same form as presented on the website. Additionally, you may not distribute or transmit,
modify, reuse, republish, frame, upload to a third party, report, or use the contents of the website for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Hachette Children’s Books prior written permission.
3. Your access to and use of the website is also subject to the Website Terms and Conditions stated below and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Website Terms and
Conditions stated below.
4. The material on this website resides on a server in the state of New South Wales, Australia. The law applicable to use of the material and to disputes arising out of the material is the state of New South Wales, Australia.
1. Publication of electronic addresses on the website is for the purpose of professional communication only and must not be used to infer consent to the receipt of unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All material on the website is protected by copyright unless otherwise specifically noted and may not be used except as permitted in these Website Terms and Conditions or in the text on the website.
2. Your use of the website is at your risk. Hachette Children’s Books makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy and, to the extent permitted by law, Hachette Children’s Books specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility
for any errors or omissions in the content on the website. Neither Hachette Children’s Books nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the website is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages
arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access, the website whether due to a breach of contract, breach of warranty, negligence, or otherwise. Except as otherwise stated in the text of a webpage of this website, everything on the
website is provided to you "AS IS" and, to the extent permitted by law, is provided WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
3. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Hachette Children’s Books’ liability for breach of implied warranties, conditions or undertakings which cannot be excluded is limited, at Hachette Children’s Books’ option, to: in the case of goods: (i)
the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; (ii) the repair of such goods; (iii) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or (iv) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and in the
case of services: (i) the supply of the services again; or (ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
4. Features and specifications of products and/or services described or depicted on the website, or available for purchase through the website, including, without limitation, prices of products or services displayed on the website and delivery or
other charges are subject to change at any time without notice.
5. Hachette Children’s Books assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the website or your
downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the website. Hachette Children’s Books also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any interruptions or errors in access to the website or the accuracy, timeliness,
completeness, security or reliability of any communications (including, without limitation, any transactions) made through or in relation to the website.
6. If you send any communications or materials to the website by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, all such communications are, and will be treated as, non-confidential and
non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Hachette Children’s Books or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, by sending
or placing any such information, you grant to Hachette Children’s Books an irrevocable, perpetual, unrestricted, royalty-free worldwide licence to use, copy, sublicense, modify, redistribute or otherwise deal with such information or materials including,
without limitation, any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the website for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
7. Materials displayed on the website are either the property of, or used with permission by, Hachette Children’s Books. The use of these materials by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these
Website Terms and Conditions or specific permission is provided elsewhere on the website. Any unauthorized use of images may violate copyright laws, trade mark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and civil and criminal statues.
8. The website refers to products and/or services that are generally available for purchase in Australia but may not be available in your particular country or locality. The reference to any such products or services in this website does not imply
or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time in your particular locality. You should therefore check with your local Hachette Children’s Books authorized representative for specific product/service availability in your
9. Hachette Children’s Books is not responsible for the content of any site linked to or from the website. Your linking to any other site is entirely at your own risk. While Hachette Children’s Books may provide links on this website to other
sites, the inclusion of such links is for your convenience only and should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the owner/sponsor of the site or the content of the site. To the extent permitted by law, Hachette Children’s Books disclaims all
warranties, express and implied, as to the accuracy, validity, legality or otherwise of any materials or information contained on such sites.
10. Although Hachette Children’s Books may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the website, Hachette Children’s Books is under no obligation to do so and assumes no
responsibility or liability arising from the contents of any such communications nor for any error, defamation, libel, obscenity, profanity, or inaccuracy contained in any such communication. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful,
threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. By accessing
and browsing the website, you agree that you shall indemnify, and keep indemnified, Hachette Children’s Books from and against any claim, action, damage, loss, liability, cost, payment, charge or expense including but not limited to consequential loss,
economic loss and legal expenses (calculated on a solicitor/client basis) suffered or incurred by Hachette Children’s Books arising out of any claim or action that results from your accessing and use of the website or in connection with any breach by you
of these Website Terms and Conditions.
11. Hachette Children’s Books will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Hachette Children’s Books to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials. In addition, you will not:
- a. Restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the website;
- b. Post, transmit or in any way exploit any material of any kind for commercial purposes, or which contains any promotional material or advertising; or
- c. Download any material posted by any other user if you know, or ought reasonably to know, that such material cannot legally be distributed in such a manner.
12. Any order placed by you on the website is an offer by you to purchase the particular product or service specified. Hachette Children’s Books reserves the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason, including, without limitation, an
error in your order or in the material on the website, or the unavailability of the product or service. The contract to purchase the particular product or service only comes into existence in accordance with the stated Terms and Conditions of Sale of that
product or service.